Growing with God, Growing with One Another, and
Growing to the World We are Called to Serve
- Tuesdays, 9:15am-10:15am – Join us as we pray for those listed in the bulletin, lift up individual prayer concerns, pray for the church, our nation and the world. We also look at the Scripture for the upcoming Sunday and have a short Bible Study. Please contact Pastor Lisa if you would like more information.
- WTP – Walk Talk Pray – Meeting at Glenwood Gardens to walk, talk, pray, dig into Scripture as we enjoy God’s creation. Contact Pastor Ed – email@example.com or 513-821-8735. Time and location will vary.
- Sundays – 8:40am in the Great Room, 10:40am in the Choir Room – Praying for God’s work through worship each week.
Studying Together – Adults
- The Owen Study Group – Wednesdays, 7:30am-9:00am – The Owen Study Group has met for more than twenty years. It honors our founding member, Charlie Owen, who gave the name Christian, special meaning. It began as a Bible Study Group then branched into religious studies. We come from a variety of backgrounds and seek to teach and learn from each perspective. Contact – Bart Reitz
- Men’s Bible Studies – Men of the church gather to fellowship and dig into scripture. . We read and discuss the text together and reflect on the impact it has on our lives. The coffee is always hot (for the early AM groups) and the company is awesome (all of them)
- Mondays 7:30pm – 109 Wilmuth Ave – Contact Kevin Helser
- Thursdays 7:00am – Founders Room – Contact Jeff Van Fossen
- Fridays 6:00am – Founders Room – Contact Kevin Lawson
- Women’s Bible Studies
- Tuesdays 7:00pm – The Gospel of Mark – The Jesus We’re Aching For (Lisa Harper). Starts on September 12 and goes for 7 weeks. God’s heart is moved by our cries for help and shouts for joy. In this 7-session Bible study, The Gospel of Mark: The Jesus We’re Aching For, we’ll follow Jesus through his days of early ministry all the way to the cross. It’s there we discover what it means to be the recipients of his excessive compassion and the very reason for his all-consuming passion. Meets at PCW. Contact Beth Emanuelson
- Thursdays 8:30am – Every week in the PCW Parlor, women gather to study different Bible books and other books to help deepen and grow faith. Contact Mary Jo Peairs
- Fridays 7:00am – The Life You’ve Always Wanted – Spiritual Disciplines for Ordinary People (John Ortberg). If you’re tired of the status quo—if you suspect there’s more to Christianity than what you’ve experienced—John Ortberg invites you and your small group to join him on a road to transformation and spiritual vigor that anyone can take. Designated to help you make the journey together, The Life You’ve Always Wanted guides you down the ancient path of the spiritual disciplines. Starts 9/15 and runs for 6 weeks.
- Upper Room – 10:00-10:50am – Connecting with the church members can be a challenge for new members as well as long time members. The Upper Room class has members from all services and meet conveniently in the hour between the 9a and 11a worship services. This intergenerational Sunday School Class bridges the meeting-your-neighbor gap by meeting year round and also engages in social and mission events. All are invited to this discussion and learning environment. Contact – Kevin Lawson
- Who is Jesus – Founders’ Room, Sundays 9/10 through 10/15 – A walk through the seven “I Am” statements of Jesus found in the Gospel of John. Jesus tells us who he is and we are blessed to be able to come to know him. Led by Pastors Ed and Lisa.
- 500 Years and Counting – We will celebrate the 500th anniversary of the Reformation by digging into the main themes of this world-changing event and how we are still reforming today as the church of Jesus Christ. Pastors Ed and Lisa will lead this study starting on October 22 for five Sundays.
The Gifts of Imperfection – Wednesdays Sept. 13 – Nov.14 from 7-9 p.m. in Founder’s Room. In this ten-week series we will go in-depth with Brené Brown’s Best Seller “The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You’re Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are.”
Youth and Children
- Children – Godly Play meets during the Visions and Sanctuary 11am services. Up to 4th grade.
- Elementary School Worship Exploring – 10:15am – Time for kids to play and experiment with different ways they can help lead in worship.
- Tower Talk – Middle and High School group during 10a hour. Meets in upper room in bell tower.
- Middle School Youth Group – Meets every other week on Sundays from 7:00-8:30pm.
- High School Youth Group – Meets every week on Sundays from 7:00-8:30pm.
Other Discipleship Opportunities
- Keenagers – Monthly seniors gathering for community, fun, and learning. 9/20 at PCW from 11:30am-1:00pm and 10/18 tour of Wyoming from 10:30-11:30am and lunch to follow at Gabby’s. Contact Pastor Lisa or Pastor Ed
- Visions Band – Wednesdays 7:30pm – Contact Tom Haines
- Chancel Choir – Thursdays 7:30pm – Contact Bill Seale
- Men’s Retreat – February 2018
- Women’s Retreat – January 2018.